Global content creator, producer and distributor Endemol Shine Group announced the appointment of Wim Ponnet as Group Director of Strategy & Commercial Development. Wim joins Endemol Shine Group from Yahoo EMEA where he has been Senior Director, Strategy & Operations since 2011, responsible for driving the company’s strategic planning and business development across the region. This has included identifying and pursuing opportunities for M&A, commercial partnerships and expansion into new markets, whilst evaluating and exploiting trends in the marketplace.
Wim’s previous roles have included a number of senior positions at Coca Cola in Switzerland, including managing projects and planning across host cities and venues for UEFA Euro 2008 and overseeing a portfolio of national and international accounts.
As Group Director of Strategy & Commercial Development Wim will be responsible for defining and implementing Endemol Shine Group’s global strategy, working closely with the company’s local leaders and partners around the world and reporting directly to CEO Sophie Turner Laing. This will include identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, including acquisitions and expansion into new markets, whilst tracking and leveraging market trends.
His remit will include overseeing the Group’s commercial, M&A, Endemol Beyond and research teams, led respectively by Dearbhail Bannigan, Director of Group M&A; Georg Ramme, Global Managing Director, Endemol Beyond; Branco Scherer, Global Managing Director, Commercial Partnerships; and Doug Wood, Group Director, Research & Insight.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 120 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 76 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 65 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 58 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021