Global content creator, producer and distributor Endemol Shine Group announced the appointment of Wim Ponnet as Group Director of Strategy & Commercial Development. Wim joins Endemol Shine Group from Yahoo EMEA where he has been Senior Director, Strategy & Operations since 2011, responsible for driving the company’s strategic planning and business development across the region. This has included identifying and pursuing opportunities for M&A, commercial partnerships and expansion into new markets, whilst evaluating and exploiting trends in the marketplace.
Wim’s previous roles have included a number of senior positions at Coca Cola in Switzerland, including managing projects and planning across host cities and venues for UEFA Euro 2008 and overseeing a portfolio of national and international accounts.
As Group Director of Strategy & Commercial Development Wim will be responsible for defining and implementing Endemol Shine Group’s global strategy, working closely with the company’s local leaders and partners around the world and reporting directly to CEO Sophie Turner Laing. This will include identifying and pursuing new business opportunities, including acquisitions and expansion into new markets, whilst tracking and leveraging market trends.
His remit will include overseeing the Group’s commercial, M&A, Endemol Beyond and research teams, led respectively by Dearbhail Bannigan, Director of Group M&A; Georg Ramme, Global Managing Director, Endemol Beyond; Branco Scherer, Global Managing Director, Commercial Partnerships; and Doug Wood, Group Director, Research & Insight.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 69 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 42 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020