Mumbai − Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEE) reported its first quarter fiscal 2016 consolidated revenue of Rs 13,399 million. The consolidated operating profit (EBITDA) for the quarter stood at Rs 3,112 million.
PAT for the quarter was Rs 2,423 million. The EBITDA margin for the quarter stood at 23.2% and the PAT margin was 18.1%.
The Board of Directors in its meeting, has taken on record the unaudited consolidated financial results of ZEE and its subsidiaries for the quarter ended June 30, 2015.
Mr. Subhash Chandra, Chairman, ZEE, stated, “India is the third largest economy in Asia and will continue on a steady growth trajectory as the economic reforms in the legislative pipeline come through. With reforms like GST set to be implemented in the near future, the government is ready to unlock India’s investment potential by improving business environment and liberalising FDI. With the aforementioned developments in the economic environment we hope that the Media industry will see improvement in revenues in the near future.”
Mr. Subhash Chandra, Chairman, ZEE, stated, “The Indian Media & Entertainment industry is making strides in the economy, backed by rising advertising revenues and consumer payments. 61% of all households in India are now equipped with a television making us the second largest TV viewership market after China. With digitization, subscription revenues in urban and rural areas are growing, resulting in a healthy impact on the industry.”
Commenting on the results of the Company, Mr. Chandra added, “ZEE has recorded a satisfactory performance during the first quarter. Our investments have resulted in organic growth which is in line with our expectations. We will continue to build ZEE’s presence in this highly competitive space by creating compelling content across genres and by pursuing new opportunities that will yield long term growth.”
Mr. Punit Goenka, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, ZEE, commented, “ZEE has started the year on a good note witnessing good returns on the operational front. This clearly highlights the popularity of our programs which continue to attract loyal audiences. We continue to experience growth in both advertising and subscription revenues through the launch of new and innovative programming.”
Speaking about the outlook of the business, Mr. Goenka continued, “While competition remains high in the Indian television industry, we remain true to our values by bringing innovative and high quality entertainment to our audiences. Our efforts are to continue in this journey and entertain audiences all over the world. We believe that by delivering excellent content we can benefit from monetizing revenues from an advertising and subscription standpoint.”
During the quarter, Zee TV was ranked third amongst the Hindi General Entertainment Channels. The channel delivered a weekly average of 9 shows among top 50 shows during the quarter led by the top rated shows like Kumkum Bhagya, Jamai Raja and Jodha Akbar.
New shows launched during the quarter were DID Season 5, Fear Files 2 and Tumhi Ho Bandhu Sakha Tumhi. Shows planned for launch in Q2FY16 are Sarojini, Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani and Tashn-e-Ishq.
- Netflix original series ‘Better Than Us’ sets independent second season with Organic Media, Wudi Pictures for streaming in Greater China 75 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- Hearst Television Station utilises TVU Networks for daily remote broadcast 43 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 40 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 36 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020