Endemol Shine Group announced that The Island will be launching in Germany for the first time.
Produced by Endemol Shine Germany, the series will be filmed this summer and air on ProSieben in 2015. Originally produced in the UK by Shine TV and Bear Grylls Ventures for Channel 4, Germany is the fourth territory to pick up The Island, which has already successfully aired in France and the U.S.
In the UK, the second series of The Island doubled Channel 4’s primetime average; hitting a peak audience of 3.6 million (14.4% share). Having recently ordered a third run, Channel 4 received a record number of applicants with 135,000 people looking to take part.
In France M6 just signed a deal to bring a second series to their screens, having performed strongly across key demographics and attracting up to 3 million (12.9% share).
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 55 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 47 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 41 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 38 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020