Dubai and London − STARZ Play, the new OTT video streaming service serving the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), has agreed a multi-year licensing agreement with leading U.S. television studio CBS Studios International for exclusive digital rights to bring premium content from SHOWTIME® and CBS to the region.
Exclusive series and full TV box sets will be available to STARZ Play subscribers on demand, including seasons 1 and 2 of SHOWTIME drama series; Penny Dreadful, Ray Donovan and The Affair, along with the three summer event series from CBS; Under The Dome, Extant and Zoo. A number of these titles will premiere on STARZ Play shortly after being broadcast in the U.S.
Maaz Sheikh, President of STARZ Play, said of the deal, “We are delighted to be working with CBS Studios International to bring their premium content to the region with this exclusive deal. This deal meets the rising demand for premium OTT content by the region’s burgeoning young population and recognises the unique opportunity the Middle East market presents. We look forward to a long and fruitful partnership.”
“We are excited to partner with STARZ Play to bring our world-class programming to the region on this new and growing digital platform,” said Armando Nuñez, President and CEO, CBS Global Distribution Group. “This deal is another great example of the growing licensing opportunities available for premium content from CBS in a very dynamic digital marketplace.”
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 101 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 63 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 50 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020