MP & Silva expands global footprint with new offices
Kuala Lumpur − MP & Silva announced the opening of two new offices, bringing the company’s global footprint to 20 offices. The openings in Kuala Lumpur and Nairobi are a natural consequence of the company’s successful globalisation strategy and its international network of partners and broadcasters.
“With offices in the most strategic regions around the globe and teams on the ground, we offer several benefits to our clients and media partners: a true global reach with local nuances,” commented Marco Auletta, CEO of MP & Silva. “Local presence will further reinforce MP & Silva’s portfolio and broaden its expansion plans in media rights distribution and strategic acquisitions worldwide.”
Asia-Pacific and Africa are key regions for the company’s worldwide success. MP & Silva’s business in APAC has grown rapidly and the opening of a new office in Kuala Lumpur is a strategic move to capitalise on the company’s appointment by the Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) as its global advisor for all media and commercial rights until 2030. Located in Nairobi, the first office in Africa marks the company’s market entry and expansion strategy across the continent.
Venu Ramadass and Andrea Silva will head the local teams in Malaysia and Africa respectively. Both bring a wealth of experience in sports broadcast, marketing and commercial rights, along with strong market knowledge. Venu will oversee MP & Silva’s appointment as the Football Association of Malaysia’s (FAM) global advisor for all media and commercial rights for its league competitions. He will also be involved in the Football Malaysia Limited Liability Partnership (FMLLP), developing and implementing production, media rights distribution and commercial strategies in close collaboration with the FAM. Andrea Silva will be leading the company’s expansion plans and strategic acquisitions in Africa, in coordination with the European headquarters in London. Andrea has over 20 years’ experience in the sports media industry, and has held several senior management positions, including those of founder and Managing Director of Wireless Digital Contents, where he also was the exclusive advisor for new media for A.C.Milan and Juventus F.C.
Roberto Dalmiglio, Chief Commercial Officer of MP & Silva, commented, “Our commercial approach strikes the balance between being a true global market player, and developing on-the-ground market knowledge. Expanding our local presence will strengthen our connection with our clients and media partners, and ensure we deliver the best solutions for all parties.”
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 74 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 56 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 55 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 40 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020