Manila, Philippines – KIX announced the launch of a nationwide search for the toughest Pinoy called R U Tough Enough? (RUTE). Kicking off the search is the ambassador of RUTE, reality star and actor Daniel Matsunaga. Together with Moises Torcator, a strongman from Manila, Daniel pulled a truck loaded with 18 KIX girls for a distance of 18 meters to demonstrate their toughness and ask Filipinos nationwide “Are you tough enough?”
“KIX is an action channel that epitomises toughness and the spirit of a champion. Our MMA (mixed martial arts) fight events, action movies, and action series all showcase people and characters who have persevered through tremendous hardships and obstacles. We want to bring this spirit of endurance and perseverance to life by launching a nationwide search for the toughest Pinoy. We hope to find a person who is just as tough, if not tougher, than the action heroes and heroines that populate our channel,” said Andy Chang, Senior Vice President, Marketing of Celestial Tiger Entertainment in Hong Kong.
“Filipinos are a tough bunch,” said Daniel Matsunaga. “Regardless of the adversities that are thrown at them, Filipinos are able to overcome the adversity and continue to flourish. It is part of the Pinoy spirit and I am certain we’ll find many contestants to participate in this search for the toughest Pinoy,” he added.
Following the launch, KIX will deploy “Tough Troopers” around Metro Manila in search for tough men and women to compete in this challenge. The competition, however, is open to all Philippines residents aged 18 years old and above. To join the contest, entrants must first apply online at www.kix-tv.com/tough. Shortlisted participants will be invited for a closed-door audition on August 16. The audition will determine 10 finalists who will compete in a final showdown at SM Megamall on 5 September.
The final showdown is an obstacle course with challenges that will test each contestant both physically and mentally. Out of the 10 finalists, only one man or woman will walk away with the title of “The Toughest Pinoy” and the grand prize of PHP 250,000.
Prior to launching in the Philippines, RUTE first started in Malaysia in 2014. The competition was so successful that KIX launched a second challenge in 2015 that was bigger, bolder and tougher. With the success of the competition in Malaysia, KIX decided to launch it in the Philippines.
KIX is available on Skycable Ch.63, Cablelink Ch.220, Destiny Cable Ch.10 and Cignal Ch 122.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 52 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 47 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 41 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020