Inmarsat is the official broadband provider for Chicago Yacht Club Race
Inmarsat will serve as the official broadband provider for the 107th running of the Chicago Yacht Club Race to Mackinac. Fans of the race will be able to follow the teams in real-time as a small group of on-board commentators will upload high-resolution pictures and video to Facebook and Twitter via Inmarsat’s mobile satellite communications network throughout the race.
Building on the success of the Volvo Ocean Race, made possible by Inmarsat’s reliable satellite connectivity, the company is an official race sponsor for the mid-summer classic 333-mile race from Chicago to Mackinac Island, beginning 10 July.
Matt Knighton, Onboard Reporter for Abu Dhabi Ocean Racing during the 2014-15 edition of the Volvo Ocean Race, and winner of the Inmarsat Onboard Reporter Award, will be racing on Chicago Yacht Club member Mark Hauf’s Transpac 52 Imedi.
“In the Volvo Ocean Race, Inmarsat enabled us to send quality media from the most remote corners of the ocean, so the public could live the race through our eyes. It never ceases to amaze me how their systems can make the world feel like a smaller place,” said Knighton.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 203 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 52 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Korean superstar, Yoo Ah-In of Spackman Entertainment Group’s Associated Company, Spackman Media Group, to star in Netflix’s new Korean original series, ‘Hellbound’ 38 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 37 views | posted on August 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020