Singapore − Dance Singapore Dance, Zee TV’s (Asia Pacific beam) first reality dance competition in Singapore, will premiere on 18 July. After three gruelling months of training, the 12 finalists are all set to take the stage, compete for the grand prize of S$10,000 and be crowned Dance Singapore Dance’s first winner.
An overwhelming 200 local dancers from all walks of life took part in the auditions held earlier this year. The final 12 who made it through audition round come from diverse backgrounds and ethnicities that include Indian, Chinese, Malay, and Caucasian. They are between ages 16 and 35, and represent different dance styles from contemporary to Bollywood, jazz, hip-hop and ballroom dance. They were placed into two groups, mentored separately by choreographers Anil Dandge, renowned Bollywood choreographer and Roche Mascarenhas, dance instructor & choreographer.
The first two episodes of the season will feature over 60 dancers from the auditions, while the remaining ten episodes will have themed challenges in an elimination round format leading up to the grand finale. With the show’s exciting format, audiences can expect dramatic twists and turns, especially during the elimination episodes. Mr Logan s/o Narayansamy, 27, was the dark horse in the competition entering the top 12 after another contestant dropped out. Through persistence and hard work, he made it to the semi-finals with an impressive solo performance that moved local judge Zaini Tahir to tears. Local judge Zaini Mohammad Tahir, artistic director of Republic Polytechnic and Shakti Mohan, winner of Dance India Dance Season 2, thoroughly enjoyed this journey of watching the contestants grow through the different challenges.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 105 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 65 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020