Singapore – BBC Worldwide announced the launch of new premium factual channel, BBC Earth, in Asia. BBC Earth will inspire audiences by sharing the incredible wonders of our universe. The channel will showcase the work of the world’s foremost factual film makers as it takes audiences on a journey of discovery. From the smallest creature under the microscope to the limitless expanses of space, BBC Earth will bring viewers face to face with heart pounding action, mind blowing ideas and the wonders of being human.
BBC Earth is part of a global strategy created and shaped by research into audience demand. It is BBC Worldwide’s brand for premium factual content, from natural history and the human world to outer space and science.
David Weiland, EVP for BBC Worldwide Asia said, “The premiere of BBC Earth in Asia is an important step in BBC Worldwide’s strategy to inspire audiences with intelligent, distinctive content. With BBC Earth, we will now have a compelling way to share premium BBC factual content with audiences in Asia and around the world. With an increased investment into new and premiere content, we are confident that BBC Earth will strike a chord with viewers in Asia.”
The channel, a rebrand of BBC Knowledge, will launch on 3 October at 9pm (Sin/HK).
On Sunday, 4 October, BBC Earth will premiere Shark – the definitive series of shark natural history, made on a scale never attempted before and revelatory in both content and photography. This series features over 30 species of sharks and rays, including one that walks on land. The series was filmed in dozens of locations worldwide, ranging from under the polar ice to mangrove swamps, shipwrecks and coral reefs.
The new channel will also see the Asia premiere of The Hunt, less than 24 hours after the UK telecast. The blue chip landmark series, narrated by Sir David Attenborough and executive produced by award-winning producer, Alistair Fothergill, explores the dramatic world of predation as never before, taking an intimate look at the remarkable strategies of hunters and the hunted, exploring the challenges animals face and the tactics they employ.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,059 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 76 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020