BBC Worldwide announced two new commissions of Tuesday’s Child’s format You’re Back in the Room. BBC Worldwide France will produce the show for French network W9, whilst Blue Circle will produce it for RTL, Netherlands. These are BBC Worldwide’s first international sales of the format which earlier this year made its successful debut hosted by Phillip Schofield, in the UK on primetime ITV and simulcast on TV3 in Ireland; and it was announced that it will be returning to ITV for a second series.
You’re Back in the Room is a comedy gameshow with a unique twist. Each episode sees five complete strangers take on seemingly simple challenges for a cash prize, but all is not as it seems, as each of the contestants has been hypnotised, causing them to unwittingly sabotage their progress with hilarious consequences. BBC Worldwide launched You’re Back in the Room at BBC Worldwide Showcase 2015, in February.
In France this is the first commission for BBC Worldwide France from DTT channel W9, and the show will be known as Hypnose, Le Grand Jeu.
Kate Philips, Creative Director, Formats, BBC Worldwide said, “We are delighted that BBC Worldwide France and Blue Circle will be producing our first international sales of You’re Back in the Room and we hope to announce further territories soon. We’re extremely proud to have this hilarious and highly innovative show in our formats catalogue.”
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 47 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- AVIA closes the year on a high note with its biggest turnout yet for the Asia Video Summit 40 views | posted on November 25, 2020
- Stone Village, BlackBox Multimedia partner to Adapt Mary Shelley’s ‘Frankenstein’ 33 views | posted on November 23, 2020
- Bilibili announces 33 new Chinese anime titles at ‘Made By Bilibili 2020-2021’ 31 views | posted on November 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020