Paris – International entertainment entities Banijay Group and Zodiak Media have agreed terms to unite their complementary catalogues and production units. With revenues of around US$1 billion, the merger creates one of the world’s biggest independent production and distribution companies and the largest not controlled by a media group.
At the closing, Stéphane Courbit will be named Chairman and Marco Bassetti will be appointed CEO of the merged company.
The new Group, which already boasts the leading production companies in many countries in which it operates, will now have a footprint in more than 18 territories producing entertainment, drama, factual, reality entertainment, docu-drama, children’s and animation programming.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 239 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 91 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 77 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 49 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020