Hasbro, Inc. announced the appointment of Meghan McCarthy to the position of Head of Storytelling, effective immediately. In this new role, McCarthy will report directly to Stephen Davis, Executive Vice President, Chief Content Officer. She will be based in the Los Angeles office of Hasbro Studios.
McCarthy is a Daytime Emmy Award-nominated lyricist and writer best known for her role as an Executive Producer on the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic animated television series, a top-rated series globally, currently in its fifth season. The series is airing on the Discovery Family network in the U.S., on leading networks in more than 180 territories globally, and distributed on many digital platforms, most notably Netflix, iTunes and Google Play. Additionally, McCarthy is credited with writing and producing for several My Little Pony spin-off films, My Little Pony: Equestria Girls (2013), Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks (2014) and Equestria Girls: Friendship Games (2015).
“Having worked closely with Meghan during the past four years and seen first-hand what an adept storyteller she is – clearly one of the best in our business – words cannot express how thrilled we are that she will be joining our organisation,” said Stephen Davis, Executive Vice President, Chief Content Officer. “To be able to benefit from Meghan’s ability to create expansive worlds and characters across our entire portfolio of brands is an incredible opportunity for the Company. Storytelling is at the centre of our brand blueprint and Meghan will help us continue to advance our strategy of building deep connections and relationships with our consumers and audiences globally through rich content in all forms and formats – across digital, television, animated and live action films.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 46 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 36 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 27 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020