FOX acquires three multi-million dollar budget films
Hong Kong – FOX International Channels (FIC) announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire the TV and digital media rights of three multi-million dollar budget films from Enlight Pictures, one of China’s largest film studios. The films will be available on SCM linear, VOD and online catch-up service (SCM Play) after their theatrical releases in Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.
This acquisition represents FIC’s continued efforts to bolster SCM’s brand and positioning with premium blockbuster content, and is in line with its overall strategy to take quality Chinese content, including productions from Mainland China, global.
The three titles include action-comedy film Hollywood Adventures (æ©«è¡ç›´æ’žè·é‡Œæ´»), written and produced by Hollywood executive Justin Lin, who was also behind huge blockbusters such as the Fast & Furious franchise and Star Trek 3. The production budget is in excess of 30 million USD with a celebrity-packed cast that includes superstars Zhao Wei (è¶™è–‡), Huang Xiaoming (é»ƒæ›‰æ˜Ž) and Tong Dawei (ä½Ÿå¤§ç‚º). The other two are the coming-of-age film The Left Ear (å·¦è€³), based on popular novel of the same title by Rao Zueman and stars Chen Turin (é™³éƒ½éˆ) and Oho Ou (æè±ª); and comedy Lost in Hong Kong (æ¸¯å›§), which also stars Zhao Wei (è¶™è–‡) together with Xu Zheng (å¾å³¥), who is also the director of the film.
Commenting on the deal, Cora Yim, Senior Vice President of Chinese Entertainment at FOX International Channels, said, “We are excited to work with Enlight Pictures and thrilled to be offering such fantastic films to our SCM viewers. Mainland Chinese films and TV content have gained more popularity across the region. FIC believes in the power of Chinese content and its ability to travel, and we are leading the charge in bringing this genre to a worldwide audience.”
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 54 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 52 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 48 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020