The U.S. network Fox will premiere a local version of the format Beat the Champions on 30 June. Beat the Champions is an original format from TV Asahi in Japan distributed by Eccho Rights.
Fox select amateurs who test themselves against current and former top athletes, such as six-time Basket NBA champ Scottie Pippen, New England Patriots player Rob Gronkowski and four-time swimming Olympic Gold Medalist Missy Franklin on this summer special which will be hosted by Saturday Night Live alum Finesse Mitchell.
The champions will be faced with increasingly absurd and hilarious handicaps, while the amateurs will be given increasing levels of assistance – whether in the water, on the line of scrimmage or on the hardwood. But there’s a catch, of course. The greater the assist needed by the contestant, the less prize money awarded. Over the course of three rounds, competitors will have a chance to win more than $100,000.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 107 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 81 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 67 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020