Singapore – The Singapore International Film Festival (SGIFF) returns for its 26th edition from 26 November to 6 December. Film submissions are now open till 21 August
2015 at www.sgiff.com/submissions. It will consider all feature films and Asian short films that are at least a Singapore premiere, and have not been broadcasted on TV nor been made available on the Internet. In addition, SGIFF also announced the call for applications for its Southeast Asian Film Lab and Youth Jury & Critics Programme.
In 2014, the 25th SGIFF had made a strong comeback to the regional film circuit, unveiling 147 movies from 50 countries, supported by strong ticket sales. Stellar film personalities that graced the festival included acclaimed film directors John Woo, Wang Xiaoshuai and Eric Khoo, actors Chen Bolin and Tong Dawei, and actresses Zhang Ziyi, Juliette Binoche, Cheng Pei Pei and Natassja Kinski. SGIFF’s competition section, the Silver Screen Awards, also presented a total of 9 prizes to emerging and talented filmmakers in Asian Feature Films and Southeast Asian Short Films. This year, the Silver Screen Awards takes place on 5th December.
The SGIFF Southeast Asian (SEA) Film Lab in 2015 will be led by award-winning film producer
Terence Chang (Broken Arrow, Face/Off, Red Cliff) with filmmakers Yong Mun Chee (Singapore) and Sherad Anthony Sanchez (Philippines) taking on mentor roles. Terence, Mun Chee and Sherad will share their filmmaking experiences and bring on board different perspectives because of the diversity of their backgrounds, pushing participants to reach their potential.
Terence Chang, Head of Southeast Asian Film Lab commented, “I am excited about meeting new filmmaking talents in Southeast Asia through SGIFF’s Film Lab. I look forward to being in Singapore this December!”
The 6-day SEA Film Lab focuses on story development for the successful applicants, who will be working on their first feature films, and includes access to the FestivalÊ¼s visiting filmmakers. A Most Promising Project Award is presented at the end of the Lab at SGIFF’s Silver Screen Awards.
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 62 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 59 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 56 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020