Singapore – The Singapore International Film Festival (SGIFF) returns for its 26th edition from 26 November to 6 December. Film submissions are now open till 21 August
2015 at www.sgiff.com/submissions. It will consider all feature films and Asian short films that are at least a Singapore premiere, and have not been broadcasted on TV nor been made available on the Internet. In addition, SGIFF also announced the call for applications for its Southeast Asian Film Lab and Youth Jury & Critics Programme.
In 2014, the 25th SGIFF had made a strong comeback to the regional film circuit, unveiling 147 movies from 50 countries, supported by strong ticket sales. Stellar film personalities that graced the festival included acclaimed film directors John Woo, Wang Xiaoshuai and Eric Khoo, actors Chen Bolin and Tong Dawei, and actresses Zhang Ziyi, Juliette Binoche, Cheng Pei Pei and Natassja Kinski. SGIFF’s competition section, the Silver Screen Awards, also presented a total of 9 prizes to emerging and talented filmmakers in Asian Feature Films and Southeast Asian Short Films. This year, the Silver Screen Awards takes place on 5th December.
The SGIFF Southeast Asian (SEA) Film Lab in 2015 will be led by award-winning film producer
Terence Chang (Broken Arrow, Face/Off, Red Cliff) with filmmakers Yong Mun Chee (Singapore) and Sherad Anthony Sanchez (Philippines) taking on mentor roles. Terence, Mun Chee and Sherad will share their filmmaking experiences and bring on board different perspectives because of the diversity of their backgrounds, pushing participants to reach their potential.
Terence Chang, Head of Southeast Asian Film Lab commented, “I am excited about meeting new filmmaking talents in Southeast Asia through SGIFF’s Film Lab. I look forward to being in Singapore this December!”
The 6-day SEA Film Lab focuses on story development for the successful applicants, who will be working on their first feature films, and includes access to the FestivalÊ¼s visiting filmmakers. A Most Promising Project Award is presented at the end of the Lab at SGIFF’s Silver Screen Awards.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.1k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 379 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 65 views | posted on January 15, 2021
- Passion Distribution announces Producers Programming Brief initiative 35 views | posted on January 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021