Tokyo – NHK will produce 8K (Super Hi-Vision) broadcasts of 10 matches at the FIFA Women’s World Cup Canada 2015, including Japan v Cameroon and the final, as joint productions with FIFA, and present most of these as live public viewings at two venues in Japan.
The pinnacle of the women’s game will be conveyed in the world’s most ultra-high definition images and 3D sound to give viewers the sensation of almost being in the stadiums.
*Prior application is required to participate in these events.
Recorded 8K contents will be screened at other times when there is no live feed. Public viewings will also be held at a combined total of three venues in Canada (the host) and the
Two Venues in Japan (Refer to attachment for scheduled matches)
Aeon Cinema, Kohoku New Town (Tsuzuki-ku, Yokohama City)
130 Seats / 350-inch screen
Term: Tuesday June 9 – Monday, July 6 7 matches
SKIP City Sai-no-Kuni Visual Plaza (Kawaguchi City)
140 Seats / 330-inch screen
Term: Tuesday June 9 – Monday, July 6 8 matches
*Both venues are free of charge, but prior registration is required.
Please visit NHK website http://www.nhk.or.jp/event/ for details.
(Reference) Venues in Canada and the United States
NBC Television Network Headquarters, Rockefeller Center (New York, US)
85-inch liquid crystal display
Term: Monday June 8 – Monday, July 6 All 10 matches
Zanuck Theater (Los Angeles, US)
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 62 views | posted on August 12, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 59 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 56 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 40 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020