Singapore – Korean entertainment and media giant iHQ has announced the launch of its Southeast Asian headquarters in Singapore. Headed by managing director Jung So-In, the company will be focusing on marketing its core offerings, which include artiste management services, television programmes and movies, and music titles, through strategic partnerships with media players within the region.
iHQ holds an impressive portfolio of more than 50 entertainment artists, including A-listers such as Jang Hyuk and Kim Woo-Bin, as well as a voluminous archive of hit dramas and television programmes from its production arm, and a notable roster of K-pop talents that has been further strengthened through its alliance with top record label Cube Entertainment.
With its geographical advantages and a vibrant arts and entertainment culture, Singapore is key to the group’s global expansion plans and will be the perfect hub for iHQ to base regional operations at, right in heart of Southeast Asia where the take up of Korean pop culture is thriving.
The company will be focusing on partnering with broadcast media companies that are based in Southeast Asia to create and deploy new content from Korea. With its recent merger with CU Media in Korea, the company now has access to over six cable channels nationwide, including AXN, Dramax, Comedy TV and Y-Star, enabling their foreign partners to distribute their content to the Korean audience.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 45 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020