Amsterdam – BBC Worldwide announced the European launch of BBC First, the new premium drama channel, in The Netherlands on 16 May.
The fully localised channel is the brand new home of the very best British scripted content. With all programming subtitled into Dutch, BBC First makes its European debut on terrestrial provider KPN, with further platforms to follow throughout the Benelux region.
A bespoke channel for The Netherlands, BBC First offers premium and uninterrupted drama from the BBC and other leading British producers. The channel will launch with hugely popular and critically acclaimed series such as Wolf Hall – BBC Two’s highest rating programme for 13 years – and thrilling adventures including The Musketeers Series 2 as well as the very latest series of regional favourites, Silent Witness and Last Tango in Halifax.
Paul Dempsey, President for Global Markets at BBC Worldwide said, “The Netherlands is an important territory for us and I am delighted that BBC First will make its European debut in this sophisticated market. We are immensely proud of this channel brand with BBC First promising to be the home of our very best fiction series. Our channel roll out here signifies the greater level of commitment BBC Worldwide is making to reach its global audiences.”
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 70 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 59 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 55 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 43 views | posted on July 6, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020