Hong Kong – Asia Satellite Telecommunications Company Limited (AsiaSat) has reached an agreement with BT to deliver BBC World Service Asia feed of 33 radio channels in 21 languages.
These services are being distributed in C-band on AsiaSat 5 from the orbital location of 100.5°E to BBC’s short and medium-wave transmitter sites, as well as to FM partners and re-broadcasters in Asia and Australasia. The services which are tailored to the region constitute an essential part of BBC’s global distribution service. With AsiaSat 5, the BBC services are reaching an ever-growing audience in Asia.
William Wade, President and Chief Executive Officer of AsiaSat said, “We thank BT and BBC for choosing AsiaSat as their long-term satellite partner for the distribution of services in Asia. BBC’s commencement of service has significantly expanded our portfolio of information and entertainment services on AsiaSat 5. This partnership between AsiaSat and BBC offers a diverse range of high quality content from one of the world’s leading public service broadcasters to a broad Asian audience.”
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 115 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise’ to stream on Disney+ with Premier Access from 30 July 71 views | posted on July 30, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 63 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- Tata Sky Binge delivers aggregation across 11 streaming apps, powered by ThinkAnalytics 57 views | posted on July 30, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021