Singapore – StarHub launches its Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) service for Singapore homes today. Named StarHub TV on Fibre, the service which is delivered over Singapore’s Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network, promises a superior viewing experience with high-definition content, personalised features and greater interactivity.
StarHub TV on Fibre is an all high-definition platform where customers can access the same comprehensive suite of over 200 channels that are currently offered on StarHub TV1. At launch, StarHub TV on Fibre customers can enjoy a smarter recording service— Simultaneous Recording—via an approved external hard disk drive. This enables customers to record up to two programmes simultaneously.
More features such as Social TV, Multi-room Recording, Picture-in-Picture and Personalisation, will be rolled out progressively on StarHub TV on Fibre. In Social TV, viewers can conveniently recommend and post comments about programmes on their personal Facebook and Twitter accounts, and even ‘like’ a programme on Facebook, using only their TV remote controls and without leaving their TV screens. Multi-room Recording will enable users to schedule a recording on their set-top box, and then view the content from a different IPTV set-top box in another room. With Picture-in-Picture, customers will be able to view content airing on other channels without disrupting the programme they are simultaneously watching. Under Personalisation, customers would be able to create separate profiles for each family member, so that each of them can customise his or her preferred channels, language, as well as personalise recommendations of programmes based on the individual’s viewing habits.
“StarHub TV on Fibre will deliver the next-generation entertainment experience for viewers in Singapore, especially as more homes connect to the fibre network,” stated Lin Shu Fen, Head of Entertainment & SmartLife, StarHub. “The launch of StarHub TV on Fibre is in line with our commitment to empower viewers with greater value and flexibility. The service promises customers a more immersive entertainment experience, with innovative new features in the near future.”
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 97 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 79 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 66 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020