Los Angeles, CA and Santa Monica, CA – Splash Entertainment (Splash) has partnered with Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF), a premier next generation global content leader, for three new 45-minute films in its highly successful animated franchise Alpha And Omega, the two companies announced today. Under the terms of the agreement, Lionsgate will have distribution rights to the three films in the U.S., Canada and the United Kingdom and Splash Entertainment will handle international distribution in other territories. The first movie under the new agreement is set to be released in early 2016.
Lionsgate launched Alpha and Omega in 2010, and the film grossed over $50 million at the worldwide box office and has reached millions of consumers on DVD and digital platforms. The Company later expanded the franchise to include multiple sequels released on DVD and digital platforms including Alpha And Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure, Alpha and Omega 3: The Great Wolf Games and Alpha And Omega: The Legend of Saw Tooth Cave. The next film in the franchise is Alpha And Omega: Family Vacation, scheduled for release in August.
Filled with their trademark humor, action and family values, the three new stories produced with Splash will focus on the misadventures of “Alpha” Kate and “Omega” Humphrey and their three wolf pups, Claudette, Stinky and Runt, as they confront life lessons in the great outdoors.
“We are excited to continue to develop the Alpha and Omega franchise for families worldwide with the addition of these three new films. Alpha and Omega is one of those unique properties that has true worldwide appeal and we are confident that Nicolas, Mike and the team at Splash Entertainment will bring to life wonderful stories in beautiful animation,” said Anne Parducci, Lionsgate EVP of Marketing and Family Entertainment.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 66 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 52 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 51 views | posted on January 25, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020