Los Angeles, CA and Santa Monica, CA – Splash Entertainment (Splash) has partnered with Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF), a premier next generation global content leader, for three new 45-minute films in its highly successful animated franchise Alpha And Omega, the two companies announced today. Under the terms of the agreement, Lionsgate will have distribution rights to the three films in the U.S., Canada and the United Kingdom and Splash Entertainment will handle international distribution in other territories. The first movie under the new agreement is set to be released in early 2016.
Lionsgate launched Alpha and Omega in 2010, and the film grossed over $50 million at the worldwide box office and has reached millions of consumers on DVD and digital platforms. The Company later expanded the franchise to include multiple sequels released on DVD and digital platforms including Alpha And Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure, Alpha and Omega 3: The Great Wolf Games and Alpha And Omega: The Legend of Saw Tooth Cave. The next film in the franchise is Alpha And Omega: Family Vacation, scheduled for release in August.
Filled with their trademark humor, action and family values, the three new stories produced with Splash will focus on the misadventures of “Alpha” Kate and “Omega” Humphrey and their three wolf pups, Claudette, Stinky and Runt, as they confront life lessons in the great outdoors.
“We are excited to continue to develop the Alpha and Omega franchise for families worldwide with the addition of these three new films. Alpha and Omega is one of those unique properties that has true worldwide appeal and we are confident that Nicolas, Mike and the team at Splash Entertainment will bring to life wonderful stories in beautiful animation,” said Anne Parducci, Lionsgate EVP of Marketing and Family Entertainment.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 43 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 33 views | posted on September 22, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020