Remarkable Television, part of Endemol Shine Group, has announced that The House that £100K Built has been commissioned for a third series and a second run of The £100K House: Tricks of the Trade will also return to BBC TWO.
Both programmes have been commissioned for BBC TWO by Alison Kirkham, head of commissioning, formats, features and events and Tom Edwards, commissioning editor formats and features.
The two series’ delivered impressive ratings during their first outings with The House 100k Built peaking at 2.41 million viewers and a 11.3% share in an 8pm slot; whilst The 100k House Tricks of The Trade attracted a peak of 2.03 million viewers and a 9.9% audience share.
The House that £100K Built returns to follow brave self-builders taking on the biggest gamble of their lives as they attempt to create their dream home from scratch with a budget of less than £100,000.
Senior curator of contemporary architecture, design and digital at the V&A Kieran Long, and award-winning architect Piers Taylor will present the new series which will broadcast in 2016.
Kieran will follow the emotional, physical and financial challenges faced by each of these brave individuals whilst also inspiring them to push themselves further, taking them to some of the nation’s most inspirational buildings. Piers turns ‘hands-on’ challenged to find new ways to adapt ideas ordinarily associated with high end design into low-cost homes.
In the new series of The £100K House: Tricks of the Trade, Piers Taylor will bring more innovative ideas, astonishing transformations and life-changing results to people who believe their existing homes are beyond hope.
From reimagining unused spaces to dramatic reinvigorations inside and out, Piers will bring his knowledge and secrets from the world of architecture and design, to tailor unique solutions for ordinary people in need of help. He will also take owners to some of Britain’s most stunning homes, of all tastes and eras, to prove that exciting and ambitious design is not beyond their reach
The series will air on BBC Two later this year.
Colette Foster, Managing Director at Remarkable Television commented, “The House That £100k Built celebrates the pioneering spirit of first time home builders determined to build their dream homes with a very limited budget. It’s a timely message when so many people are struggling to afford to buy their own homes. For the rest of us not quite brave enough to build a house, in Tricks of the Trade, Piers will bring his unique talent to cash-strapped homeowners to help them create truly inspiring spaces.“
Tom Edwards, Commissioning Editor Formats and Features BBC ONE & TWO said, “Both these series have achieved something remarkable – to land so well and feel so fresh in such a crowded space as property formats. The demand for this sort of inspiration and tips hasn’t abated; I’m really pleased we can bring more of Kieran and Piers to Two”
Both 6 x 60 minute series’ will be produced by Remarkable Television, part of Endemol Shine Group. Joff Wilson will be the Executive Producer for Remarkable Television, and Tom Edwards the Executive Producer for the BBC.
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 70 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- Colors Kannada launches ‘BIGG BOSS Kannada’ Season 8 68 views | posted on February 26, 2021
- Fremantle acquires multi-territory production rights for ‘Good With Wood’ 53 views | posted on February 25, 2021
- VOOT launches interactivity for Colors fiction shows 37 views | posted on February 24, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020