Fremantlemedia International goes back to the Seventies
Cannes – FremantleMedia International (FMI) has signed on for the global distribution rights (excluding the U.S.) to the CNN Original documentary series,The Seventies. The authentic and immersive 8 x 60 series is produced for CNN/U.S. by the multiple EMMY Award-winning producers Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman (HBO’s John Adams, The Pacific, and Game Change); and the EMMY Award-winning producer Mark Herzog (History’s Gettysburg).
The acquisition follows on from the enormous international success of The Sixties which sold into 43 territories worldwide. Broadcasters of The Sixties include DR (Denmark), Planete (France), NTV (Germany), SBS (Australia), Bell Media (Canada) and Nat Geo Mundo (Pan- regional Latin America).
In many ways, the decade of the 1970’s was just as dramatic as the 1960’s. America lost its first war, endured two energy crises, and a President resigned following an unprecedented political scandal. Television tackled once taboo subjects. Popular music enjoyed a multi-genre explosion, and there was a revolution in sexual mores and customs. Serial murder and other violent crime kept the nation on edge, and bombing, hijacking and the taking of hostages introduced the world to the modern face of terrorism. The Seventies examines the individuals and events that influenced and shaped a decade that had as profound an impact on America as its famous predecessor.
Through the use of raw and rarely seen archival footage, as well as interviews with journalists, historians, musicians and television artists who witnessed the historic movements, The Seventies paints a vivid portrait of a decade of lasting consequence and still today, remains a period of such fascination. The eye-opening series will not just re-enter the iconic milestones of this decade, but uncover the unknown.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 74 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 56 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 55 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 40 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020