Fremantlemedia International goes back to the Seventies
Cannes – FremantleMedia International (FMI) has signed on for the global distribution rights (excluding the U.S.) to the CNN Original documentary series,The Seventies. The authentic and immersive 8 x 60 series is produced for CNN/U.S. by the multiple EMMY Award-winning producers Tom Hanks and Gary Goetzman (HBO’s John Adams, The Pacific, and Game Change); and the EMMY Award-winning producer Mark Herzog (History’s Gettysburg).
The acquisition follows on from the enormous international success of The Sixties which sold into 43 territories worldwide. Broadcasters of The Sixties include DR (Denmark), Planete (France), NTV (Germany), SBS (Australia), Bell Media (Canada) and Nat Geo Mundo (Pan- regional Latin America).
In many ways, the decade of the 1970’s was just as dramatic as the 1960’s. America lost its first war, endured two energy crises, and a President resigned following an unprecedented political scandal. Television tackled once taboo subjects. Popular music enjoyed a multi-genre explosion, and there was a revolution in sexual mores and customs. Serial murder and other violent crime kept the nation on edge, and bombing, hijacking and the taking of hostages introduced the world to the modern face of terrorism. The Seventies examines the individuals and events that influenced and shaped a decade that had as profound an impact on America as its famous predecessor.
Through the use of raw and rarely seen archival footage, as well as interviews with journalists, historians, musicians and television artists who witnessed the historic movements, The Seventies paints a vivid portrait of a decade of lasting consequence and still today, remains a period of such fascination. The eye-opening series will not just re-enter the iconic milestones of this decade, but uncover the unknown.
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 52 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 31 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020