Thailand/India – It is a known fact that prime-time content in India has been laced with popular international formats which are regularly imported and licensed by Indian TV channels from international broadcasters, production-houses or format-owners. In a turnaround of sorts, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL) has created broadcast history by finalizing a syndication deal with JKN Global Media Limited Thailand for its home-grown format, Dance India Dance.
While Indian content being aired or repurposed on TV channels across the world is quite common, this particular syndication deal is a landmark achievement since it’s the very first time that a format created in India has been licensed internationally. The Indian content industry’s contribution to ‘Make in India’, literally!
Speaking on this landmark initiative, Punit Goenka, MD & CEO, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited said, “At ZEE, we have always believed in developing in-house formats. It was our belief in the concept of Dance India Dance that led to its growth from the regional to the international platform. Through this partnership with JKN Global Media Limited, DID will not only reach out to the South-Asian diaspora but the local, mainstream audiences in Thailand as well.”
“Going forward, we hope to license not just Dance India Dance but our other home-grown formats to the international markets,” Goenka further added.
- Discovery, Inc. announces leadership changes in Asia Pacific 124 views | posted on August 3, 2021
- Stay entertained with these new and exciting releases from Viu this August 73 views | posted on August 2, 2021
- iQiyi to simulcast streaming ‘Girls Planet 999’ with Korea on 6 August 55 views | posted on August 5, 2021
- ‘Make a Wish’ from iQiyi’s Sweet On collection becomes a hit with its lovely human-cat couple 50 views | posted on August 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021