Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches first original production
Hong Kong – Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE) announced that it is embarking on its first original production since the company’s formation in January 2012. The reality series called R U Tough Enough?(RUTE) will go into production in April and air on CTE’s action entertainment channel KIX HD (and KIX) from late May to July. The series is based on a marketing campaign and competition of the same name which KIX HD launched in 2014 in Malaysia to search for “Malaysia’s Toughest.”
“The response from viewers and the media to our tough men and women competition last year was overwhelming. We found ten great contestants with ten incredible stories of endurance, resilience and tenacity. So this year, we are bringing R U Tough Enough? back as an original production as well as a competition,” said Betty Tsui, Vice President, Programming – KIX and Thrill, Celestial Tiger Entertainment. “We think the contestants’ back stories and the final showdown itself will make a compelling and highly entertaining show.”
Advertising sponsors who have already signed up for CTE’s first original production include Toyota and Fisherman’s Friend. Astro will also be an official partner for the series. And Celebrity Fitness, Everlast and GNC have signed on as promotional partners.
Hosting RUTE will be Malaysia’s own action hero, the one and only Aaron Aziz. Aaron, an award-winning film and TV actor, is the perfect embodiment of toughness and tenacity. He rose from a humble background, fought through life’s challenges and emerged a superstar.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 90 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 49 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 34 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020