London – all3media International has shipped its observational documentary The Embassy to broadcasters in Europe and Canada, as it prepares to debut a host of new factual content at MIPTV from renowned producers including Maverick Television, Brave New Media and Lion Television.
With a second 8 x 1hour series entering production post a further commission, the first series of The Embassy, a Fredbird Entertainment and Southern Pictures production, has been secured by BSkyB in the UK, TV3 in Sweden, Voyage for France and French speaking territories, SBS in the Netherlands and Shaw for Canada. It’s understood that SKY will broadcast the series imminently.
Produced for Australia’s Nine Network, The Embassy joins the diplomats of Thailand’s Australian embassy, right at the coalface, following the misadventures of Australian expats, travellers and holiday makers in crisis abroad.
Commenting on the show, Liza Thompson, SVP International Sales, noted;
“The Embassy is a genuinely fascinating observational documentary – the culture clashes, the personal jeopardy and emotion makes for great TV and I’m delighted to have concluded the deal for the show in the UK with SKY. It forms part of our factual MIPTV Line up – alongside Kew on a Plate – via ancient civilisations, Rome, Athens and Egypt – a wonderfully diverse slate.”
all3media International will be launching Kew on a Plate at MIP but has already sold the show to Foxtel Australia and SBS Australia.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.2k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 68 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 52 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 43 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020