BBC Worldwide announced a new deal for an Israeli version of The Great Bake Off ahead of launching its new formats slate at MipTV 2015.
The Great Bake Off marks the first format deal between BBC Worldwide and Israel’s Keshet. The free-to-air broadcaster will produce 8 x 90’ episodes of the format, which will air in 2016.
The deal takes the total sales to 16 for The Great Bake Off, with BBC Worldwide licensing the highly successful format to Australia (Nine Network), Belgium (VTM), Denmark (DR), Finland (MTV3), France (M6), Germany (ProSiebenSat.1), Ireland (TV3), Italy (Discovery), The Netherlands (MAX), Norway (TV3), Poland (TLC), Sweden (TV7/Sjuan), Turkey (Acunmedya), Ukraine (1+1) and a Junior Bake Off in Thailand. Love Productions also licensed the format to the USA (CBS), making 17 international commissions of the BBC One hit show.
Local versions of The Great Bake Off are enjoying great success around Europe. In Norway the second series of Hele Norge Baker (All Norway Bakes) was in TV3’s top five highest rated titles in 2014 while Sweden’s Hela Sverige Bakar Series 3 (All Sweden Bakes) trebled Sjuan’s prime time average share. Over in Poland the second series of Polski Turniej Wypieków (The Great Polish Bake Off) outperformed TLC’s prime time average share by 166% and in Italy, Bake Off Italia Series 2 more than trebled Real Time’s prime time share.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,398 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 95 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 88 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 59 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020