Singapore –Tania Bryer conducted a rare, personal interview with Maria Sharapova the superstar athlete, entrepreneur and humanitarian.
The 30-minute interview premiered in Asia on 28 March at 10am and excerpts will be available online. The programme will also air on CNBC networks in Europe and the United States.
In the programme, Maria talked to Tania about her stardom, her upbringing and the sacrifices she made to become number 1 in the world, the injury that nearly ended her career and how she created her multi-million dollar business Sugarpova. She also revealed why creating The Maria Sharapova Foundation to help children and families who were affected by the Chernobyl disaster is so important to her.
Maria also talked about the pressures of the game, beating Serena Williams, which led to the start of an on-court rivalry lasting to this day, as well as her relationship with Serena. Sharapova commented in the interview, “She’s at the peak of her career. I am now number 2 in the world. I feel like we’re still driven and hungry to be the best tennis players. I don’t think anyone in the tennis world believed that, in ten years’ time, we would still be rivals. I think it’s an incredible story.”
- The Q bolsters its original content offering; Announces first TV original ‘Crime Aur Kanoon’ 175 views | posted on July 20, 2021
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 129 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 121 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- Asia’s e-sports broadcasters unlock an exciting world of gameplay 94 views | posted on July 20, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021