Hong Kong – Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE) announced the renewal of a multi-year licensing deal to Bellator MMA Fighting Championships (Bellator MMA) with Electus. Bellator MMA will continue to air first and exclusively on KIX, CTE’s action entertainment channel, across Southeast Asia and Hong Kong. The events will air during the channel’s “MMA Mondays” time-block at 10pm (HKG/SG/MAL/PHIL) / 9pm (JKT/BKK) within the same week as the live U.S. broadcasts.
“We are excited to continue our partnership with Bellator MMA. As the pay TV ‘Home of Combat’ in Asia, we promise our viewers world-class combat sport events, and Bellator MMA fulfills that promise with some of the biggest and most exciting matches in the mixed martial arts world today. Now with Scott Coker at the helm and a new format for the events unveiled, we look forward to continue building the franchise and fans here in Asia with Bellator MMA,” said Betty Tsui, Vice President, Programming – KIX and Thrill, Celestial Tiger Entertainment.
Founded in 2008, Bellator MMA has become one of the world’s largest MMA promotions, airing in over 120 countries and reaching over 400 million homes on a weekly basis. Bellator MMA’s last event in 2014 broke ratings records during its live broadcast and became the highest-rated Bellator MMA event in history. Bellator MMA features many of the world’s best fighters including: Tito Ortiz, Stephan Bonnar, Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal, Michael Chandler, Joe Warren, Douglas Lima, and Pat Curran, among others. Bellator MMA is owned by Viacom.
KIX will be airing the next Bellator MMA event “Bellator 134: The British Invasion” on 2 March at 10pm (HKG/SG/MAL/PHIL)/ 9pm (JKT/BKK). The event will take place at Mohegan Sun Arena in the U.S. on 27 February, and feature showdowns between the UK’s best fighters and fighters from around the world. Highlighted bouts at this event include Emanuel Newton vs Liam McGeary; Muhammed “King Mo” Lawal vs Cheick Kongo; and Andre Santos vs Paul Daley.
In addition to Bellator MMA, KIX showcases a variety of first-class combat sport events from around the world including: World Series of Fighting (WSOF), the fastest-growing MMA promotion in the world, Glory World Series (GWS), the premier international kickboxing league; BAMMA, the No. 1 MMA event in the UK; M-1, featuring battles between Europe’s top MMA clubs; Enfusion Live, the kickboxing event starring a new generation of fighters; and Road FC, one of Asia’s biggest MMA promotions.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 45 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020