New York – A+E Networks’ 15-year veteran programmer Robert Sharenow has been appointed as Executive Vice President & General Manager of A&E and Lifetime. Previously, Sharenow had been Executive Vice President & GM of Lifetime since June 2013. Sharenow will report to Paul Buccieri, President, A&E and HISTORY for A&E; and continue to report to Nancy Dubuc, President & CEO, A+E Networks, in regard to Lifetime. The announcement was made by Buccieri and is effective immediately.
In his new role, Sharenow will now oversee all content creation, brand development and marketing for both network groups.
“After 10 years of tremendous growth – we have a renewed focus on re-establishing A&E as a top tier brand,” said Buccieri. “Rob is the ideal candidate for the job. Before his tenure at Lifetime, Rob was instrumental in the success of A&E for nearly a decade. He was a key member of A&E’s leadership team that developed some of the network’s biggest hit franchises. Under Rob’s leadership at Lifetime, the brand is undergoing revitalisation with a record number of Emmy nominations and returning series. Rob is a great leader with the right balance of creative acumen and strategic vision, essential for today’s changing landscape.”
Sharenow joined Lifetime in March 2011 as its Executive Vice President of Programming. Under Sharenow’s stewardship, Lifetime’s scripted programs include the hit drama Devious Maids, from executive producers Marc Cherry and Eva Longoria; as well as Lifetime’s reality slate including the Emmy® Award-nominated series Project Runway® and the hit series Dance Moms®, Bring It! and Little Women: LA®.
Lifetime is the number one basic cable network for original movies. Last year alone, Lifetime had 6 of the top 10 original movies in ad-supported cable including; Flowers in the Attic; Aaliyah: Princesses of R&B, Lizzie Borden Took an Ax; Petals on the Wind; The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story and The Gabby Douglas Story.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 81 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 72 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 60 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 59 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020