Keshet International’s tension-filled, colourful game show BOOM! has been commissioned by the Chilean public broadcast network TVN (Minute to Win It). A high-volume, stripped series will be produced locally by TVN’s in house production team to launch in the first half of 2015.
The news follows the launch of BOOM! in Hungary, Kazakhstan and Spain where it has drawn robust ratings. TV2’s launch in Hungary exceeded its slot average by 134%, an increase of 195% on its nearest competitor. In Spain, BOOM!’s consistently above average audiences for Antena 3 have resulted in an extended series order and Canal 10 in Uruguay has bought the 35 episodes of the finished Spanish edition. BOOM! is also due to launch on FOX in the U.S. in 2015, VTM in Belgium and TF1 in France, with further territories to be announced.
Nicolás Acuña, Director of Programming at TVN, said, “Acquiring a high quality format like BOOM! allows us to further extend our entertainment programming slate which is highly valued by our audience. We hope that BOOM!’s combination of general knowledge and physical game play, which in our view is a great addition to our free to air schedule, will strike a chord with our viewers.”
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 49 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 40 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020