Tokyo – NHK will hold 8K public viewings of 66th Sapporo Snow Festival and special footages including the Sochi Olympics. The public viewings will take place at NHK Sapporo Station, Hokkaido, from 5 to 11 February.
Sapporo Snow Festival is one of the biggest winter events in Japan. Two million visitors inside and outside the country visit Sapporo every winter to see more than two hundred splendid snow and ice sculptures in the park, along the main street, and so on.
These powerful and impressive works of art lined in one of the venues, “Odori Site,” will be shown in 8K experimental live relay utilising wireless 8K transmission device developed by NHK.
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 110 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 43 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 41 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020