Singapore – MP & Silva announced its appointment by the Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) as its Global Advisor for all media and commercial rights for an extensive line-up of FAM competitions, with the goal of extending its broadcast reach and maximising the commercial potential of its properties.
The ground-breaking 15-year deal begins in 2016 and comprises worldwide media rights covering an extensive line-up of competitions organised by the FAM, including the Malaysia Super League, the Malaysia Premier League, the FA Cup, the Malaysia Cup, and the Piala Sumbangsih Match. The agreement covers domestic and international rights, including all media platforms and devices including terrestrial free-to-air television (FTA), satellite and cable television, Internet protocol television (IPTV), in-flight television, mobile internet, and video-on-demand rights.
The deal also sees the establishment of the Football Malaysia Limited Liability Partnership (FMLLP) between MP & Silva and the FAM. MP & Silva’s advisory role aims to develop and implement media distribution and commercial strategies in relation to sales of media rights in close collaboration with the FAM under their authority, in addition to production and technical services to develop offerings with high-production values.
Andrea Radrizzani, Founding Partner of MP & Silva, said, “We are delighted to have secured this long-term agreement with the FAM, and this would be the biggest deal for a local league ever done in Asia and highlights the FAM’s dedication towards further developing the league. We are committed to share MP & Silva’s international expertise and local knowledge with our comprehensive and extensive knowledge of football rights management.”
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 67 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 52 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 48 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020