Singapore – MP & Silva announced its appointment by the Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) as its Global Advisor for all media and commercial rights for an extensive line-up of FAM competitions, with the goal of extending its broadcast reach and maximising the commercial potential of its properties.
The ground-breaking 15-year deal begins in 2016 and comprises worldwide media rights covering an extensive line-up of competitions organised by the FAM, including the Malaysia Super League, the Malaysia Premier League, the FA Cup, the Malaysia Cup, and the Piala Sumbangsih Match. The agreement covers domestic and international rights, including all media platforms and devices including terrestrial free-to-air television (FTA), satellite and cable television, Internet protocol television (IPTV), in-flight television, mobile internet, and video-on-demand rights.
The deal also sees the establishment of the Football Malaysia Limited Liability Partnership (FMLLP) between MP & Silva and the FAM. MP & Silva’s advisory role aims to develop and implement media distribution and commercial strategies in relation to sales of media rights in close collaboration with the FAM under their authority, in addition to production and technical services to develop offerings with high-production values.
Andrea Radrizzani, Founding Partner of MP & Silva, said, “We are delighted to have secured this long-term agreement with the FAM, and this would be the biggest deal for a local league ever done in Asia and highlights the FAM’s dedication towards further developing the league. We are committed to share MP & Silva’s international expertise and local knowledge with our comprehensive and extensive knowledge of football rights management.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 80 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 43 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020