Singapore – MP & Silva announced its appointment by the Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) as its Global Advisor for all media and commercial rights for an extensive line-up of FAM competitions, with the goal of extending its broadcast reach and maximising the commercial potential of its properties.
The ground-breaking 15-year deal begins in 2016 and comprises worldwide media rights covering an extensive line-up of competitions organised by the FAM, including the Malaysia Super League, the Malaysia Premier League, the FA Cup, the Malaysia Cup, and the Piala Sumbangsih Match. The agreement covers domestic and international rights, including all media platforms and devices including terrestrial free-to-air television (FTA), satellite and cable television, Internet protocol television (IPTV), in-flight television, mobile internet, and video-on-demand rights.
The deal also sees the establishment of the Football Malaysia Limited Liability Partnership (FMLLP) between MP & Silva and the FAM. MP & Silva’s advisory role aims to develop and implement media distribution and commercial strategies in relation to sales of media rights in close collaboration with the FAM under their authority, in addition to production and technical services to develop offerings with high-production values.
Andrea Radrizzani, Founding Partner of MP & Silva, said, “We are delighted to have secured this long-term agreement with the FAM, and this would be the biggest deal for a local league ever done in Asia and highlights the FAM’s dedication towards further developing the league. We are committed to share MP & Silva’s international expertise and local knowledge with our comprehensive and extensive knowledge of football rights management.”
- GMA Network launches new digital channel ‘Heart of Asia’ 70 views | posted on July 2, 2020
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 58 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 55 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Olympic Channel documentary ‘Rulon’ about the extraordinary journey of an ordinary man to premiere 21 July 42 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 37 views
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 34 views
- 5 reasons why AXN’s ‘Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector’ needs to be on your watchlist 30 views
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 17 views
- CBeebies pre-school channel returns to India 15 views
- Doble Kara ends strongly on PH TV 14 views
- Noticias Telemundo adds Paulina Sodi as news anchor 13 views
- Telemundo reveals cast for new series “Falsa Identidad” 11 views
- tvN Asia’s One Night Food Trip goes to Singapore 11 views
- Forevermore’ finale scores highest rating 10 views