Paris – Continuing its growth strategy in the English speaking content market, Marco Bassetti, CEO of the Banijay Group, an independent content creator, producer and distributor of globally recognised television series and multimedia entertainment, announced that it has signed a deal with award-winning U.S.-based production company Stephen David Entertainment (SDE). The agreement sees Banijay Group take a controlling interest in the production company to enrich Banijay’s catalogue with a library of ready-made original series and to expand into producing new original series and larger-scale scripted entertainment in the U.S. for global exploitation across the Banijay infrastructure.
Stephen David, Founder and President of SDE, will report to David Goldberg, Banijay Group President and Banijay Studios North America CEO. SDE will be the latest acquisition of the Banijay Group in the U.S. after the very successful Bunim-Murray Productions, managed by Jon Murray, and the newly launched Banijay Studios North America.
SDE produces non-scripted content and scripted documentary series including Emmy® nominated docudrama mini-series The World Wars (History); Emmy® winning event mini-series The Men Who Built America (History) and The West (Discovery Channel); anthology mini-series American Genius (National Geographic Channel) and true crime series Redrum. SDE’s most recent production, the brand new three-part event mini-series Sons of Liberty, premieres in the U.S. on 25th January on History. SDE is an end-to-end television production and development company based out of New York City, with its own in-house post-production facility.
Marco Bassetti, Banijay Group CEO, commented, “This new deal underlines our policy to expand our footprint in the English-speaking market, bringing added value to our business as a whole. I have huge respect for Stephen and very much admire the high quality and entertaining programmes he produces. With SDE on board, our presence in the U.S. market becomes even stronger and more diverse.”
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 234 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 91 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 77 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 49 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020