Rome – “Television sits at the heart of the digital media industry, boosted by multi-screen viewing and by social networks that are stimulating a global conversation,” commented Michel de Rosen, CEO of Eutelsat at the Eutelsat TV Awards ceremony that was celebrated in Rome.
The Eutelsat TV Awards is a unique event recognising the quality of thematic satellite TV channels. Over 100 channels from 20 countries participated in this year’s competition, their programming formats, innovation and audience relationship judged by an independent panel of media experts representing the world’s most dynamic broadcasting markets.
Longstanding channels that took home awards included Mexico’s Canal Once, Euronews, Eurosport and MTV Live HD that have each raised the bar for continually challenging their relationship with their growing audience base. Newly launched channels awarded for quickly developing their identity included Turkey’s Moviemax Turk HD, while Russia’s Kinoklub, Italy’s DMAX and Rai Yoyo and Spiegel TV Wissen from Germany stood out for high production standards and carving a clear and distinctive brand. Eurochannel scooped the People’s Choice Award that goes to the channel winning the highest number of votes from its fan base.
Deutsche Welle and Sky Atlantic HD were both distinguished in the Best Programme category for excelling in terms of production, performance and creativity. Deutsche Welle took home the prize for Non Fiction for The Highest Level that captures the intensity of interpreting two piano concertos by concert pianist Yang Yang, the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra and conductor Sir Simon Rattle. Sky Atlantic took home the Award for fiction for Gomorra, one of the most anticipated crime series of 2014. An intense drama produced by Sky Atlantic-Cattleya-Fandango production, in association with Beta Film that draws the viewer into the inner sanctum of organised crime in Naples. The series draws its roots from the critically-acclaimed novel by Roberto Saviano.
In addition to Awards bestowed by the Eutelsat TV Awards jury, Eutelsat announced two Special Awards at the ceremony in Rome attended by 350 executives from the global broadcasting industry.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 93 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 54 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020