Singapore – The Southeast Asian Audio-Visual Association (SAAVA) seeks to develop new strategic and creative alliances across the region and signs a series of memorandums to solidify these relationships at the sidelines of Screen Singapore.
Launched at Screen Singapore in December last year, SAAVA, a non-profit organisation for media content producers, endeavors to advance creative developments, promote co-productions, nurture talents and stimulate business collaborations between its members in the region.
The first relationship that was inked into effect is a collaboration with the crowd-funding portal Pozible. An Australia based platform, the portal specialises in raising financing for creative projects, and clients have enjoyed a high success rate through Pozible’s network and tailored efforts. Through this alliance, Pozible provides SAAVA members with additional privileges, including lower fees and special marketing efforts.
Singapore based producer and co-founder of SAAVA, Justin Deimen of Advent Media Group was the man who brought together this partnership with Pozible. “Finding the money to make a film is one of the hardest things for a producer. But production costs are quite low in our region, and the amounts that can be raised from crowd funding can become quite significant in comparison to the budget. This partnership with Pozible opens up a new option for our members to access funding. There are so many amazing stories in Southeast Asia that needs to be told, and we hope this collaboration with Pozible encourages the creation of many new films”.
The second memorandum to be signed was the formation of an alliance with the Motion Picture Association of Cambodia (MPAC), an association that represents producers, directors, talents, distributors and exhibitors in the kingdom. The relationship opens up the opportunity for all MPAC members to become SAAVA members. The two associations have also designed plans for joint workshops, foster more co-productions between the countries, and for SAAVA to assist in the setting up of a film institute in Phnom Penh.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 72 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 63 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 63 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 59 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020