Culver City, California – Sony Pictures Television (SPT) announced that it has licensed Marry Me, its new comedy from the executive producers of Happy Endings, into 74 territories across six continents.
“We have had tremendous interest in Marry Me ever since our first client screening. There is a universality to this story and these characters, so we anticipate that audiences around the globe will enjoy this charming romantic comedy,” said Keith Le Goy, President, International Distribution for SPT.
Canal Sony has acquired the rights to the comedy across 23 territories in Latin America, including Mexico, Colombia and Argentina. Marry Me will also air on the channel in Brazil. The series is slated to debut across the region in early 2015.
SPT has also completed several deals for Marry Me across Europe. MTG has acquired the series for its free TV channel and SVOD service in Denmark, Norway and Sweden. In Ireland, RTE has secured the comedy for RTE2. D-Smart has also picked up the rights to the series in Turkey and Turkish-speaking Cyprus for their DiziSmart Platin channel. Marry Me has also been licensed to Icelandic broadcaster 365.
Across the Middle East and North Africa, pay TV broadcaster OSN has picked up Marry Me for its channel OSN First Comedy HD, to premiere in 20 territories in early 2015.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 49 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 40 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020