Hemel Hempstead, UK – Vislink, the global provider of broadcast communications technologies, provided extended live HD coverage of the second Formula E race which took place in Malaysia last Sunday, 23 November.
For the second time, viewers saw the unique and immersive footage provided by on-board cameras fitted into the nose cone and rear rain light of each car. These mounting locations are exclusive to the Formula E series and provide broadcasters with two previously unseen camera angles. These two locations will also let broadcasters deliver an existing and consistent picture quality to viewers, especially if the second race takes place in monsoon conditions which will make capturing clear images particularly challenging.
This latest development is the result of Vislink working closely with the FIA to ensure these new camera mount positions were crash tested and approved before the Formula E series began. As part of Vislink’s involvement in Formula E, 40 race cars have been pre-loomed to accept wireless cameras and transmitters. Formula E has the flexibility to make 20 cars ‘live’ at any given time.
“The Formula E Championship is an exciting step forward for motor racing and we’re thrilled and privileged to be a part of it,” said Raj Kotecha, On-board Project Director at Vislink. “The series is already on the cutting edge of motorsport. Now we’re pushing what’s possible from a broadcast perspective, delivering two new camera angles that are not currently available in any other live racing series.”
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 261 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- Voot Select brings the largest-ever direct-to-OTT Film Festival in India 84 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi deepens international partnership with Dolby 77 views | posted on July 27, 2021
- GoQuest Media seals deal with India’s MX Player 71 views | posted on July 23, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021