SmartCast announces Director of Business Development Asia
Hong Kong – SmartCast announced the appointment of Jonathan Wong as its Director of Business Development Asia. A veteran of the multimedia industry with over 20 years of experience throughout Asia, Europe and North America, Wong will be leading the expansion of SmartCast’s business throughout Asia.
Commenting on the appointment, Christian Brenner, SmartCast’s CEO, said, “We are very excited to have Jonathan onboard as we continue to expand not only in Asia, but globally. Jonathan brings us a wealth of television and multi-media experience from across different sectors in the industry.”
Prior to joining SmartCast, Wong was the Head of Distribution Asia at Al Jazeera Media Network, where he increased Al Jazeera distribution by 85% in the region and launched news channel in a number of new territories including Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Korea. Wong has also held several senior positions such as Director of Channel Distribution at Celestial Pictures Ltd and Associate Vice President at STAR Group Ltd. He also spent six years in NDS, now Cisco, with various roles in business development, sales and marketing.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,079 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 78 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020