Kuala Lumpur – MEASAT Satellite Systems Sdn. Bhd. (“MEASAT”) announced an agreement with Globecast to distribute top U.S. Network, HGTV, on MEASAT-3. HGTV will debut as the first regional channel dedicated to the growing home and lifestyle category in Asia. It is wholly owned by Scripps Networks Interactive, one of the world’s leading producers of engaging lifestyle content in the home, food and travel categories,
On 4 December, HGTV will premiere with a robust line up of top-rated programmes about property, hybrid construction, design and extreme spaces, which promises to entertain and inspire viewers with fresh ideas and authentic stories on how to find and love their own dream home.
Under the terms of the agreement, HGTV will be carried in HD by MEASAT-3’s global C-band beam which covers more than 100 countries in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Europe.
“Globecast is honoured to work again with MEASAT and Scripps Networks in bringing HGTV to audiences in Asia,” said Soo Yew Weng, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Globecast Asia. “Globecast looks forward to HGTV becoming as popular here as it is in the U.S., where it has been ranked as the number one lifestyle brand, reaching over 99 million households.”
Globecast also provides playout, content preparation and select post-production services for all four of Scripps Networks’ regional channels – HGTV, Asian Food Channel, Food Network and Travel Channel – across Asia Pacific.
“MEASAT is delighted to continue working with Globecast to bring more high quality programming to Asia. We see great potential in HGTV and look forward to be part of its launch to the market,” said Raj Malik, Senior Vice President – Sales and Marketing, MEASAT. “With the addition of HGTV, MEASAT’s 91.5°E video neighbourhood has grown to 57 HD channels distributed and remains Asia’s strongest C-band HD platform.”
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 108 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 86 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 53 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 42 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020