Kuala Lumpur – MEASAT Satellite Systems Sdn. Bhd. (“MEASAT”) announced an agreement with Globecast to distribute top U.S. Network, HGTV, on MEASAT-3. HGTV will debut as the first regional channel dedicated to the growing home and lifestyle category in Asia. It is wholly owned by Scripps Networks Interactive, one of the world’s leading producers of engaging lifestyle content in the home, food and travel categories,
On 4 December, HGTV will premiere with a robust line up of top-rated programmes about property, hybrid construction, design and extreme spaces, which promises to entertain and inspire viewers with fresh ideas and authentic stories on how to find and love their own dream home.
Under the terms of the agreement, HGTV will be carried in HD by MEASAT-3’s global C-band beam which covers more than 100 countries in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Europe.
“Globecast is honoured to work again with MEASAT and Scripps Networks in bringing HGTV to audiences in Asia,” said Soo Yew Weng, Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Globecast Asia. “Globecast looks forward to HGTV becoming as popular here as it is in the U.S., where it has been ranked as the number one lifestyle brand, reaching over 99 million households.”
Globecast also provides playout, content preparation and select post-production services for all four of Scripps Networks’ regional channels – HGTV, Asian Food Channel, Food Network and Travel Channel – across Asia Pacific.
“MEASAT is delighted to continue working with Globecast to bring more high quality programming to Asia. We see great potential in HGTV and look forward to be part of its launch to the market,” said Raj Malik, Senior Vice President – Sales and Marketing, MEASAT. “With the addition of HGTV, MEASAT’s 91.5°E video neighbourhood has grown to 57 HD channels distributed and remains Asia’s strongest C-band HD platform.”
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 83 views | posted on March 4, 2021
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 82 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Medialink granted exclusive distribution rights to ‘TSUKIMICHI -Moonlight Fantasy-‘ and ‘Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood’ from Nippon TV in Asia territories excluding Korea 45 views | posted on March 8, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 38 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020