The saga of young Nina has been winning over a growing audience in francophone African countries. TV stations in Mali, Madagascar and Burkina Faso have begun showing Brazil Avenue, the worldwide ratings success licensed in 130 countries – a record for Globo telenovelas. With this expansion, the Brazilian network has been increasing its presence on the continent. Globo’s content is already widely distributed in Portuguese-speaking African countries, and in recent years their well-crafted plots and state-of-the-art production has been attracting a growing audience in French- and English-speaking countries.
In Mali, Brazil Avenue is aired by the ORTM network. And in Madagascar, the telenovela by João Emanuel Carneiro is shown on TVM. Both are free-to-air channels that offer mixed programming. In Burkina Faso, Brazil Avenue is shown on RTB. The channel is already a Globo partner and has aired hits such as Seize the Day in the past. In all three countries, the telenovela is broadcast in French.
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 97 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Viddsee is empowering Asian storytellers through meaningful content 79 views | posted on December 2, 2020
- TechStorm makes landmark debut in Taiwan with Taiwan’s Portico Media and ONLINE MEDIA’s 4gTV 66 views | posted on December 3, 2020
- Astro presents compelling vernacular content for December 49 views | posted on December 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020