UK’s Channel 4 acquires “Jane The Virgin” at MIPCOM
Cannes, France – CBS Studios International and UK broadcaster Channel 4 today announced a licensing agreement for exclusive first window, free-to-air broadcast of the highly anticipated new hour-long comedy Jane The Virgin, premiering on E4 in 2015.
Jane The Virgin has drawn widespread interest and critical acclaim since being introduced in May at U.S. advertiser presentations and to international buyers at the annual May Screenings. In addition to critical praise for the show, its leading actress, Gina Rodriguez has been hailed as one of the fresh faces and breakout stars for the new television season.
“Jane The Virgin was one of the most talked-about comedies at LA Screenings this year, and we are delighted to be working with Channel 4 to bring this fresh, new series to E4’s young audience,” said Stephen Tague, Senior Vice President, Europe for CBS Studios International.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 69 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020