UK’s Channel 4 acquires “Jane The Virgin” at MIPCOM
Cannes, France – CBS Studios International and UK broadcaster Channel 4 today announced a licensing agreement for exclusive first window, free-to-air broadcast of the highly anticipated new hour-long comedy Jane The Virgin, premiering on E4 in 2015.
Jane The Virgin has drawn widespread interest and critical acclaim since being introduced in May at U.S. advertiser presentations and to international buyers at the annual May Screenings. In addition to critical praise for the show, its leading actress, Gina Rodriguez has been hailed as one of the fresh faces and breakout stars for the new television season.
“Jane The Virgin was one of the most talked-about comedies at LA Screenings this year, and we are delighted to be working with Channel 4 to bring this fresh, new series to E4’s young audience,” said Stephen Tague, Senior Vice President, Europe for CBS Studios International.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.4k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 70 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 57 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020