Beverly Hills, California – Starz announced it is in development of The Disappearance – a story of a family struggling to save a son who might destroy them. Nick Antosca will serve as Executive Producer and screenwriter and Amblin Television will produce the series.
“The Disappearance is a chilling tale that Nick and our partners at Amblin Television are creating, taking viewers on an emotional and frightening journey,” said Starz Managing Director Carmi Zlotnik.
The Disappearance is the story of Alice Grimson who is overjoyed when her teenage son Josh shows up seven years after being kidnapped. She and her husband Tom set aside long-simmering tensions in their marriage to help Josh in his struggle to resume a normal life. But when she connects his return to a series of horrific local murders, Alice begins to wonder if Josh knows something he’s not telling them. Determined to protect her son, she digs deeper into what really happened to him while he was missing – and she enters a nightmare that threatens her life and everything she holds dear.
Antosca is a prolific novelist, screenwriter, and journalist from New Orleans. He is a co-producer on Hannibal and previously wrote for Believe, Last Resort and Teen Wolf. He is the author of several novellas, the novel Fires and the short story collection The Girlfriend Game. Antosca received a Shirley Jackson Award for his novella Midnight Picnic.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,058 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 76 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020