Beverly Hills, California – Netflix Inc. and 41 Entertainment announced today, Kong – King of the Apes™, an original animated TV series for kids from Executive Producer Avi Arad. Arad has been a producer of iconic superhero stories like Spider-Man franchise movies; the X-Men franchise movies, the Iron-Man films, and The Incredible Hulk. He has also executive produced kids TV with the extremely popular Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures series which began in 2013. Netflix members around the world will be introduced to Kong first through a full length feature film that will be followed by 12 half hour episodes beginning in 2016.
Set in 2050, this CGI animation is a fresh and modern take on the classic King Kong story. Even far in the future, Kong is still the strongest creature ever born with many human traits that make him the ultimate iconic hero. In Kong, the future looks bright for San Francisco’s Alcatraz Island since its transformation into the most impressive Natural History and Marine Preserve on the planet. But when the star attraction suddenly goes ape and Kong becomes public enemy number one, the villain that framed him is free to unleash an army of gigantic robotic dinosaurs on the unsuspecting world. Ironically, Kong is the only force formidable enough to stop these super-powered dinosaurs and the evil genius manipulating them. But Kong is now the world’s most hunted fugitive. Fortunately, there are three young humans who know the truth and are willing to risk their lives to help Kong evade capture, while he battles to save humankind.
“We’re thrilled to be working with Avi who has made some of the most successful action and adventure franchises today and whose Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventure series has been very popular on Netflix around the world,” said Ted Sarandos, Chief Content Officer for Netflix. “With 41 Entertainment as our partner on this, we continue to work with some of the finest animation studios around the world to create shows that will appeal to kids of all ages globally.”
“I always loved King Kong. This is a unique opportunity to introduce him in brilliant CGI animation to kids worldwide with the power of Netflix,” said Executive Producer, Avi Arad.
- Astro launches its new Ultra Plug & Play Box 174 views | posted on July 23, 2021
- iQiyi reveals brand-new Chinese language drama slate 152 views | posted on July 21, 2021
- ABS-CBN News online and ‘TV Patrol’ expand global news coverage with TFC News overseas segments 70 views | posted on July 22, 2021
- BBC World News relaunches flagship programme ‘Newsday’ 61 views | posted on July 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021