“How To Get Away with Murder” licensed to 158 territories worldwide
Disney Media Distribution confirmed that ABC Studios’ critically acclaimed hit drama How To Get Away with Murder has been licensed to broadcasters in 158 territories worldwide.
Disney’s international programming distribution arm has secured deals with broadcasters in countries ranging from the UK, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Poland, Vietnam, South Africa, China and Azerbaijan to Israel, the Middle East, Greece, all of Africa and Turkey amongst others.
The Shonda Rhimes produced show, which stars Oscar® and Golden Globe nominated actress Viola Davis as a criminal law professor who gets entangled in a murder conspiracy with her students, has already gained critical plaudits following its U.S. premiere on 25 September.
The global sales of How To Get Away with Murder are the latest success story from the Rhimes produced stable of primetime dramas, from Shondaland and ABC Studios. Award-winning medical drama Grey’s Anatomy has, to date, generated sales in 238 territories and political thriller Scandal has so far seen sales to 227 territories. Both series have gripped audiences and critics across the world with Grey’s Anatomy attracting over 30 million international viewers and Scandal over 20 million.
- A+E Global Content Sales releases summer catalogue featuring high profile first-run projects and returning hits 60 views | posted on July 3, 2020
- Universal Music Group announces strategic global partnership with Sugar, Italy’s leading independent label 58 views | posted on July 6, 2020
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 47 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 47 views | posted on July 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020