London – BBC Worldwide has announced the commission of an original game show format One in a Thousand, co-developed by the BBC’s commercial arm BBC Worldwide, German public service television broadcaster ZDF and the joint venture between BBC Worldwide and ALL3Media Germany Tower Productions. The format, commissioned by ZDF, will be further developed by ZDF Entertainment department in collaboration with Tower. It has been created by Phil Schmid, Executive Producer, BBC Worldwide and Markus Templin, Head of Show, Tower Productions.
The ambitious event format sees 1000 contestants compete in each show over ten knock-out rounds to find the One in a Thousand. To succeed – and walk away with a large cash prize – candidates will need a huge range of skill sets as every round tests a unique combination of their physical, mental and emotional abilities.
One in a Thousand
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 58 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 51 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 49 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 45 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020