Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong – Astro Shaw Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of Astro Malaysia Holdings Berhad (Astro) has secured the rights to broadcast and distribute Cantonese dramas from Hong Kong Media Production Company Limited, a subsidiary of Hong Kong Television Network Limited (HKTV). The deal extends Astro’s rights across Southeast Asia, New Zealand and Australia.
HKTV dramas will be a fresh addition to Astro’s customers’ already extensive line-up of dramas. The much talked about HKTV dramas have been making waves with star studded casts and production. As such securing the rights for Malaysia and the region where demand for such content is high, is a coup for Astro.
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 40 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 37 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020