Singapore – A+E Networks® Asia and Ideate Media have teamed to launch a regional production partnership (RPP) designed to kick start content development in Asia, with programming that targets regional and global audiences. The announcement was made by Sean Cohan, Executive Vice President, International, A+E Networks and Zainir Aminullah, Chief Executive Officer, Ideate Media.
“As A+E Networks Asia expands into broader, mass markets, the importance of regionally-produced content is becoming more prevalent,” said Cohan. “This fund will mean more local stories that can complement a robust programme pipeline coming from our U.S. channels – HISTORY, A&E Network and Lifetime.”
The goal of the partnership is to stimulate new original production opportunities supported by A+E Networks and its global channel portfolio, along with Ideate, a new studio owned by Astro Overseas and Khazanah. As part of the initiative, producers will benefit from A+E Networks’ creative expertise and Ideate’s deep ties to the local production community. In addition, production partners can access regional government incentives as well as be a part of the RPP process with international benchmarks.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 92 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 52 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 45 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 35 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020