UK based Woodcut Media has appointed Derren Lawford as Joint Creative Director effective Sep 24. The announcement was made by Kate Beal, Chief Executive and Joint Creative Director, Woodcut Media, to whom he will report.
Based in London, Lawford will work alongside Kate Beal to secure commissions, as well as oversee the company’s strategic developments over the coming months. He will also play an integral part in the execution of production operations domestically and internationally.
Lawford joins Woodcut Media from the UK channel London Live, where he was Commissioning Executive. During his tenure he commissioned and acquired programmes for Raw, an experimental multi-genre zone which gave TV debuts to a host of You Tubers. He also commissioned a raft of documentaries for the channel’s Platform 8 strand which included programmes such as Trap Town, No Place Like Home, Fight Club London and Beggar Off, to mention a few.
Prior to this, he was Head of Content at youth media agency Livity, worked as Editorial Advisor for SB.TV’s Jamal Edwards and had a long-standing career in various roles at the BBC.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 42 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 40 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 38 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 38 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020