Live India selects end-to-end contribution solution from Harmonic to improve connectivity and video quality
San Jose, California – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) announced that Live India, a major broadcaster based in India, has chosen an end-to-end contribution solution from Harmonic to improve video quality and optimize connectivity between the organization’s regional news bureaus and main headquarters in Noida. Harmonic’s Ellipse® 3100 contribution encoders and ProView™ 7100 integrated receiver-decoders (IRDs) provide Live India with a high-density, scalable, and bandwidth-efficient solution for fixed contribution applications, enabling the broadcaster to cost-effectively expand from two to five streaming news channels.
By more than doubling its channel lineup, Live India can now ensure that viewers across India are able to stay abreast of important breaking news and live events. The broadcaster chose Harmonic’s contribution solutions based on superior performance and support for a wide range of broadcast standards and formats, including MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DVB-S2, SD, HD, and MP4, that allow for increased flexibility, bandwidth savings, and exceptional video quality. As Live India adds more channels in the future, Harmonic’s solutions will provide the broadcaster with easy scalability at an affordable price point.
“Over the years, Harmonic has gained a reputation around the world as a leading provider of contribution solutions based on the flexibility, scalability, and amazing video quality we bring to live news and sports applications,” said Andrew Thornton, vice president, sales, Asia Pacific, for Harmonic. “Working with Live India on this project, we’re able to demonstrate to broadcasters everywhere how simple and affordable it is to expand your service offering using an end-to-end contribution solution from Harmonic.”
- The Singapore High Court has blocked dozens of illicit streaming sites 75 views | posted on July 8, 2020
- Banijay unveils new identity and portfolio 68 views | posted on July 8, 2020
- Ampverse and POPS Worldwide collaborate to create video gaming content series 63 views | posted on July 10, 2020
- Nippon TV’s hit smartphone game, ‘HunterxHunter’ expands to Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macau 60 views | posted on July 10, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020